Sunday 19 January 2014

One Year Blogaversary

Blimey, is it really a year since I posted my first blog post!

I was lucky enough to join the fabulous Design Team at Crafty Cardmakers after my first blog and would like to say a massive thank you to Lin for having enough faith to invite me on board, I have loved every minute of it and I have learnt so many new techniques through creating for their challenges.

Also I big thank you to all my lovely team mates too, it is an honour to craft among you.

I decided to share something a little bit different with you today.  Just after Christmas I traded in my Cricut Create for a Cameo Silhouette which I have been lusting after for a while.  After checking out a few Facebook groups I kept seeing all these lovely photo traces and really wanted to give it a go.   Now I am completely hooked and obsessed with Vinyl, everything is getting 'THE VINYL TREATMENT' - lol

I used the cut and trace feature to create an image of my son Dexter, very time consuming being a newbie at it.   I really had to darken his hair otherwise it was just picking up very fine strands which would have been impossible to weed out, also there was quite a bit of erasing to clear up all the tiny marks, as this feature picks up every tiny speck.

Here is the photo that I used:



and here is the finished project:



I used a 20 x 25cm white tile from Wickes (76p) and black and silver matt vinyl




Also just noticed he is missing an eyebrow as the software just could not pick it up, but all in all I am really pleased with the result and can't wait to try some more.



I saw the lovely sentiment a couple of days ago on a Facebook site, but I can't remember which one!

Challenges I would like to enter are:-


Country View Challenges - Monochromatic
Dream Time Designs - A new Technique
Seemacrafts - Anything Goes
Silhouette Challenges - Anything Goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Out with the old In with the new





8 comments:

  1. WOW This is awesome!!! I've been thinking about that cameo also ... hmmmm!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Out with the Old, In with the New’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing hun, thank you for joining in on Seemacrafts first challenge for 2014

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great card, I too love my Cameo and am afraid I hardly use anything else haven't tried tracing a photo yet but you have inspired me to do so, thanks ! So glad to working with you again at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is such a FABULOUS Project!! Your son is adorable too! :o) Thanks for playing along with us over at Silhouette Challenges! :o)

    Theresa (Silhouette Challenge DT)
    www.miislucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little boy ,love the project ,Thank you for joining in our first challenge of 2014 'Anything Goes' over on SeemaCrafts Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great not tried it yet but will have to give it go amazing

    Thank you for joining ‘Anything Goes’ over on SeemaCrafts Challenge Blog.
    Jakki (craftytjak)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab and clever piece, one to treasure . Thanks for joining us at CountryViewCrafts challenge this month, hope to see you again x Trace x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)