Wednesday 26 February 2014

Moonlight Unicorn

I have been working on this card all week, I really wanted to create my own frame on my Silhouette Cameo, but I was having trouble welding it together.  Eventually I realised my silly mistake and it all worked out fine.


I made an oval and then welded some ferns from the SIL store and Miss Kates Cuttables.

I then created my own card blank again using an oval.



I used a bit of sticky vinyl to mask the moon and then uses ink dusters to brush Adirondack inks over my oval in shades of purple and lilac.  I created some mountains using torn copier paper as a mask.

Finally I stamped a Lavinia Stamps unicorn and some mini flowers to complete my scene and added some mini roses, gems and a bow to finish off my card.

Thanks for visiting

Challenges I would like to enter are:-

Lavinia Stamps - Blue and Lilac
Open Minded Crafting - Monochrome
Creative Moments - Pearls & Swirls
Through the craft room door - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes



8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and congrats with getting to grips with your cameo, I am still learning how to use mine. Thank you for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I just really LOVE this! It is soft and magical, and the background/moon is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun! Hope you join us again!
    sharla~dt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jules this is just beautiful. Love the idea and the scene is great. Lots of soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is sooo pretty! I'm very impressed that you have made your very own frame! Good going!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation, thank you for playing at Creative Moments
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. this is gorgeous!! Love the oval. Those blooms and pearls are gorgeous!! Beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful composition! The embellishments are not over the top - it's perfect, and thanks for sharing your creation at Creative Moments. Leona x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)